Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Getting Creative. :)

So I am getting to the point where I am doing more and more DIY stuff. And I love it! :)

I have this dress that I bought in summer of 2008. I only got to wear it once or twice before the zipper broke. So, it sat in my closest until a few months ago, when I cleaned out my closet of all the stuff that I don't wear anymore. I hated to get rid of it because I really do love the dress, but the zipper was pretty much broke beyond repair. Yes, I'm aware that I could have gone and had someone put a new zipper in, but I'm losing weight, and the dress wouldn't have fit me much longer anyway. But it really is a cute dress with some pretty colors.

Beautiful huh? :)

The back of the dress, complete with the broken zipper.

So, what am I doing with this dress, you ask? Well, a couple of things, actually.

First, I'm going to make a skirt out of it. So, I grabbed my seam ripper (it's pretty much my new favorite toy!), and I took the bottom of the dress off. So, when I finally got that done, this is what I had:
I'm going to use the bottom part and make a skirt. Sounds easy enough, right? Well, kinda, I guess. I've never, ever, ever done something like this before. I'm pretty much going to have to take the skirt apart, do my measurements, and sew it back together. That sounds relatively simple. However, because I'm losing weight, I'm not going to be making this the size that I am now. I plan on wearing this skirt when I take my senior portraits at Disney World in December, and I plan on being at least a size smaller than I am now. So, there's the hard part--figuring out the measurements for my future self.
Now, I did make something else, which I finished this morning, and am now proudly wearing. :)


I took the top portion, and grabbed my seam ripper once again, and took the bottom part off.


I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the top portion of this yet, but I took the bottom part and cut it into 4 strips, all different sizes. I sewed them together (my first time ever doing any kind of sewing, so I'm extremely proud of myself right now!), and I made one of my flowers that you've seen in a couple of my previous posts. I then hot glued the flower to the strips, and voila! I now have this really cute necklace!


I can't wait to get to create some more! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment