Friday, June 8, 2012

Foodie Friday!

So remember back in January when I said I was going to start doing all these little segments on the blog, then I did one and stopped? Yeah...well I'm starting them up again. :)

Everyone who knows me knows that I love food. And I love to cook, so I thought, why not showcase my talents? :p

I found this recipe on Pinterest (where else?) a couple of weeks ago for Nutella French Toast. And I've been making it on almost a daily basis since. It's delicious! The original recipe came from The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife. The first time I made it, I followed her recipe (minus the lemon juice). However, I like to experiment, and I wanted to make this a bit healthier, so I made some changes. She used Italian bread, but I love wheat bread, so I used that. Also, while the first few times I made it, I did mix the sugar and strawberries together, I no longer use sugar, and I mix up the fruit and use whatever I have in the house at the moment (today, it was a banana and kiwi). And I love spices. There's just something about them that draws me to them. Whenever I cook, I try to use spices. So, I do use cinnamon, but I also add nutmeg and ginger. It adds some more flavor, and it all mixes nicely together and makes me one very happy girl. :)

Here's a picture of my lovely breakfast this morning.

Nutella french toast topped with banana and kiwi slices, leftover banana and kiwi, cinnamon & sugar oatmeal, and Strawberry-Banana V8 Fusion to drink. :) So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment