Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers' Day!


This post is dedicated to my wonderful Daddy. He has taught me so much, he encourages me to have my own opinions (and taught me to back them up), and he believes in my dreams, even when I'm not quite sure what they are. He's supportive and loving and all around amazing. And I was lucky enough to inherit his sense of humor, his sarcasm, his love of cooking and history, and his willingness to work hard to get what I want. He's shown me how to deal with the hard things life throws at you with grace and dignity, and he's taught me how to fight for myself and what I believe in. And for that I'm forever grateful.



And he's my hero. He was in the Army and spent some time in Vietnam during the Vietnam War. He's proud of his service, and he's proud of this country. And he's passed that patriotism on to me. As the bumper sticker on my car says, I am the proud daughter of a Vietnam Vet. And I'm thankful everyday for his service and what that means for us.





I've been a Daddy's Girl all my life, and I'm proud of it! I wouldn't have things any other way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment