Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 16

I'm getting bad about not posting before bed. I'm sorry. I've just been getting so tired here lately that I don't feel like posting. Plus, I've noticed that if I post right before bed, then the posts are short and don't really say much. So maybe I'll start posting the next morning anyway. That way I'll be refreshed and can properly do this experiment justice.

Anyway, yesterday was a good day for me. I didn't have internship, so I was able to use the day to get things done that I wasn't able to do over the weekend. I still have a long list of things to do, but I was able to knock some things off. So I feel like I got a little accomplished anyway.

I also got to spend the evening with the boyfriend. I made him happy because I cooked him dinner--and the meal I cooked is pretty much his favorite meal that I make. In fact, I suggested that I cook it for his birthday dinner, and he won't let me. He doesn't like to share this meal with anyone else. :p But anyway, we had dinner and watched a movie and just spent some time together. It was nice to be able to do that after he was gone all weekend.

I also voted yesterday. I'm not going to get into how I voted and all of that, but I did vote. I think it's so important to get out there and vote in every election, not just the "big" ones. Every election is big because every election gives us the potential to be heard and influence the changes we want to see in our country. I feel like if you don't get out and vote, then you don't have a right to complain when things don't go the way you want them to. At least now if something happens that I don't agree with, I can complain because I did vote and I did make my voice heard. However, I am glad the election is over. I was getting sick and tired of seeing all the attack ads on TV. And thank God there wasn't a run-off because I really don't think I could have taken any of those ads anymore. I hate that politics has turned into attacking opponents instead of telling the voters what you stand for.

Well, that was day yesterday. Today is a long day for me, so we'll see how well I do at blogging tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment