Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 18

Yesterday was definitely a better day than Wednesday. I was still pretty busy, but at least it wasn't a rainy day. That made it so much better.

The thing that really made my day better though was the fact that I was able to put on a skirt that I hadn't been able to wear in a year! That was a major victory for me, and it gave me the motivation to keep going. I haven't been keeping track of my weight during this 30 day period, but I know what I weighed going into this, and I'll check it when I'm done. However, it's no longer a huge concern for me. I know I'm getting skinner, so I'm losing fat. I may not necessarily be losing weight though, because I'm probably gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat. So yes, I do have my goal weight, but I'm also not going to get discouraged as easily about it.

I was asked yesterday what exercises I'm doing, so I'm going to take this time to brag about the program I have been using for these past 18 days.



This program has been amazing! It has all sorts of exercises and preset routines. It also lets you make your own routines, so this becomes extremely customizable. They also have a 30-Day Challenge, which is what I'm taking. And yes, that was the reason why I decided to make this experiment a 30 day challenge of my own. You can set your own intensity level (low, medium, and high). I'm currently doing the medium intensity, and let me tell you, there are days where they kick my butt. But it's amazing. These exercises definitely challenge you, and there have been a few days where I thought that I couldn't make it through the routines, but I did. And I definitely feel accomplished afterwards. And, you don't necessarily need the Wii to be able to do the routines. That's great news for when I go on vacation. I can pack my weights and be able to do my own routine with these exercises in my hotel room.

Yesterday's workout was the hardest one so far, and I'm sure it's only going to get harder from here. But I've gotten to where I look forward to working out. Even on my rest days. Granted, I haven't worked out on a rest day yet, but I have thought about it. However, I know that I need the rest days to give my body and muscles a chance to recover. So, I've started back paying attention to my calories and watching what I eat. That's a bit more challenging for me because I love food, but I've already picked up on some healthier habits. For instance, I love Jell-O, and they have the Jell-O cups that are sugar-free and only 10 calories. That is the perfect snack to satisfy my sweet-tooth. I've been eating sugar-free stuff for awhile now because my dad is borderline diabetic, and for most things, you can't tell the difference. And Jell-O is one of those things.

So, all this combined with more water and more sleep has really helped me during this period. While I'm exhausted just from everything that I have on my plate right now, I do feel a lot better. I don't feel as overwhelmed as I would have a few months ago, and I don't feel as stressed. Doing this 30 Day Challenge has helped me out overall--physically, mentally, and emotionally--and it's actually changing my life. I'm learning that I can change things about me, that it's not as hard as I thought, and that I'm a lot stronger than I realized. And I think that's been the best thing about this challenge so far. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment