Monday, October 18, 2010

BBW Catch-All

I love mornings/days when I just feel immensely creative. :) And yes, this has been one of those mornings.

This particular idea actually came to me yesterday morning when I was in the shower. I had some body scrub that I finished off yesterday, and I didn't want to just throw away the container. It was too perfect for using for something else. So, this morning, I did a little refurbishing and gave that container a new life. :)


Yes, this was a scrub from Bath & Body Works. I absolutely loved this scrub. And Orange Sapphire is one of my favorite fragrances. (And yes, I am currently employed by BBW, but that still doesn't change how I feel about this scrub!). Sadly, the company discontinued the Signature Collection scrubs back in June during the Semi-Annual Sale. But, if you want the scrubs, you should still be able to get them online.

Anyway, this container is big enough to hold pretty much any jewelry or other miscellaneous items I need it to, and it's small enough to fit on my dresser and not take up too much space. I just needed to give it a little makeover. :)


I have a ton of scrapbooking paper, so I took a sheet that I liked, and that would work well with the colors in my room (my curtains are pretty much that shade of orange). I originally was going to cut enough to cover the entire container, but then I thought that I would just cover up the label. That way, I could still see inside without opening it up, and it gives it a little more flair. :) So, after cutting and measuring, and cutting another strip, and then trimming that strip, I finally got the right size to do what I needed it to do. I then put it around the label and glued it using regular white glue.

I then glued on some scrapbooking letters around the container. If you want, you could make your own letters, or find any other way to decorate this. And just so you know, this spells "Misc". :)


I even cut a piece of paper to cover the "Bath & Body Works" name on the lid, and I added a cute little sticker to add a little more flair.

And there you have it! Now I have the perfect little container for all of my little knick-knacks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment