Thursday, October 21, 2010

This Has Totally Satisfied My Chocolate Craving :)

So, I have been craving chocolate all day today, and I found this recipe a few days ago on one of my new favorite blogs Skip To My Lou, so I decided that today would be the day that I would try it.

And I am in love. :)

It's called White Chocolate and Peppermint Popcorn, and it's the perfect sweet snack. So here's what you need to do to make it for yourself. :)

First, get your ingredients. You'll need 1 bag of popped popcorn, 1 cup of crushed peppermints or candy canes, and enough white chocolate or vanilla-flavored almond bark to cover all the popcorn.

I'm sure your asking why I have a hammer. Well...that'll come in a minute. :p


Next, you'll need to get your peppermints/candy canes ready to crush. I used 40 peppermints, and I think that if you use candy canes, you'll need about 12. Remember, you need 1 cup crushed.

I would recommend using a food chopper of some sort, but since I couldn't find ours, I had to improvise.

And I'll admit, I had much more fun with the improvising. ;p

I put the peppermints in a plastic Ziploc bag, and took the hammer and just started beating the mints. So much fun....and a really good way to get some frustrations out. :p Just keep in mind if you do it this way, you could end up with some tiny holes in the bag, which means that you'll have some "peppermint dust" left behind. It's not enough to affect your measurements though.

And I would just like to thank my dad for telling me to crush the peppermints this way. :)

After you get your mints crushed, pour them in a measuring cup and make sure you have a cup.

Now, after that, you'll need to melt your chocolate. You can do this either on the stove in a double boiler or in the microwave. I don't have a double boiler, so I had to use my microwave. If you do this, I recommend microwaving the chocolate in 30 second increments. No matter how you melt your chocolate, you have to stir it frequently. Trust me when I say that if you don't stir the chocolate, it will burn. Been there, done that.


Once your chocolate is melted, pour both it and the popcorn in a bowl, and mix.
Add in your crushed mints (I promise, they are in there in the above picture!), and enjoy!

And if you want more snack ideas and/or craft ideas, stop by Skip To My Lou. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment